The birthstone of March is aquamarine. A beautiful pale blue color to deep blue. This color actually reminds me of a sunny Spring day with blue skies. Or a beautiful island surrounded by an amazing blue ocean. Aquamrine as in oceanic colors. Describes the blue color pretty good huh? Not a coincidence aquamarine in Latin means “water of the sea”.
Aquamarine is more than just the birthstone for March. It is also associated with two signs of the Zodiac, Pisces and Gemini, as well as the planets Uranus and Neptune. And to top that off, this symbolic gem is also the anniversary stone for the 19th year of marriage.
Aquamarine has long been considered a lucky stone, especially by sailors, who carried it to keep them safe at sea. It is said to bring peace and calming to its owner, relieving stress and enhancing intuition.
- Aquamarine and Opal doublet necklace by Melissa Joy Manning
- Arik Kastan Blossom stud earrings
- Free Form Aquamarine ring by Amy Gregg
- Aquamarine and Opal Teardrop earrings by Deanna Hamro
- Jacquie Aiche Aquamarine, Diamond & Lapis cuff
- Diorette ring by Dior
- White Sapphire and Aquamarine Kite earrings by Nak Armstrong
- Diamond & Aquamarine Marquis ring by Cathy Waterman
- Anemone ring by Michelle Oh
- Monique Péan Aquamarine Bar necklace
- Mania Mania Fine Ritual Solitare ring
- Babyanything Lady Capulet Aquamarine ring
- Aquamarine King ring by Michelle Fanatci
- Mociun Colored Stone Cluster studs