Besides sapphire being my favorite birthstone (I'm born in September), emerald is my favorite as well. It has a gorgeous rich green color but it also is my better half his birthstone. Emeralds come in a wide range of natural colors and shades of green. Color is mainly caused by the gemstones's selective absorption of certain wavelengths of light called the body color.
The May birthstone, emerald, gets its name from the French ‘Esmeraude’ and the Middle English word of ‘Emeraude’. Both these words have their origin in ‘Smargadus’ a Latin word derived from the Greek ‘Smargados’ which means ‘green gem’. Does make sense, right?
Emerald is also considered to represent loyalty, friendship and faithfulness. Since ancient times, it has been believed to bestow the wearer with prosperity, foresight and good health and increases ones’ intuitive capabilities.
- Jemma Wynne Revival Emerald and Diamond necklace
- Dewdrop Emerald Teardrop necklace by Dawes Design
- Vega ring by Spinelli Kilcollin only available via Plan De Ville
- Plumage Three Finger ring by Stephen Webster
- Emerald ring by Dorette
- Jennie Kwon Emerald Long Curved Bar stud
- One of a kind Malachite Lapis ring with Emeralds & gold star by Andrea Fohrman
- Emerald Flower ing by Lori McLean
- ILA Ava stud
- Crystal Deco Emerald Bypass Hinged bracelet
[All images as mentioned in links above]