Wondering what August's birthstone might be?
It's the olivine/lime green Peridot! This bright green gemstone is said to ward off evil, protects against nightmares and brings the wearer power. No negativity allowed with this gem!
Peridot can be found in lava, meteorites and deep in the earth’s mantle. In Hawaii, peridot even symbolizes the tears of Pele, the goddess of fire and volcanoes.
Peridot is also the National gem of Egypt. The Egyptians called it the “gem of the sun.” Which is actually a pretty description.
The intensity of color depends on the amount of iron present in a Peridot's chemical structure, the more iron it contains the deeper green it will be.
More about this gemstone here.
- Amrit Third Eye necklace
- Pippa Small Rainbow Carousel necklace
- Peridot & Pearl necklace via Doyle and Doyle
- Three Stone ring by Verdura set with peridot and blue topaz
- Susan earrings by Wendy Brandes
- Mayson Peridot Marquis earrings
- Poissardes earrings by Dorette
- Cathy Waterman Flowerside ring
- Peridot Cabochon Solitaire ring by Jane Taylor with Tsavorite band
- Erica Courtney Chevron ring
- Disa Allsopp Oxidised Silver Spaghetti ring
- Leaves ring by Margherita Burgener
- Nicholas Varney Carved Peridot Cocktail ring
- Temple St. Clair Horizontal Oval Ring with Peridot and Diamond ring
[All images as mentioned in the links above | Selection by MoJ]